The new MDS focused survey and staffing survey are here…are you ready?
Last year, CMS piloted a focused survey in five states to assess MDS 3.0 coding accuracy and their relationship to resident care. In 2015, CMS will expand these surveys nationwide, as well as expand them to assess nursing home staffing levels.
On Feb. 3, SimpleLTC and Texas Medicaid Coalition organized a free webinar to answer key questions about the new MDS focused survey requirements. More than 1,000 long-term care providers from around the country registered for this important training.
We’re now publishing it here so you can watch it on-demand and download the presentation slides for free.
What you’ll learn
- Purpose of the 2015 MDS focused and staffing surveys
- Survey and enforcement process
- Key findings from 2014’s pilot surveys in five states
- MDS coding accuracy for these sections:
- Item M0300: Accurate staging and documentation of pressure ulcers
- Item N0410A: Coding antipsychotic drugs
- Item P0100: Proper evaluation and coding of restraints
Plus, check out these other free training opportunities
- Assessing ADLs Accurately
- MDS 3.0/RAI Manual Changes (Oct. 2014)
- Texas STAR+PLUS Managed Care: Preparing Your Nursing Facility
- Texas PASRR Phase 2 Changes: What you need to know