Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Provider Preview Reports have been updated and are now available. The data contained within the Preview Reports is based on quality data submitted by SNFs between Q1 2019 – Q4 2019 (1/01/19 – 12/31/19) (for assessment-based measures) and Q4 2017 and Q3 2019 (10/01/17 – 9/30/19) (for claims-based measures). The data reflects what will be published on Nursing Home Compare during the October 2020 refresh of the website. Providers have until August 30, 2020 to review their performance data. Corrections to the underlying data will not be permitted during this time; however, providers can request CMS review of their data during the preview period if they believe the quality measure scores that are displayed within their Preview Reports are inaccurate.
Beginning with the October 2020 refresh, CMS will publicly display six new measures on the Nursing Home Compare website:
- Changes in Skin Integrity Post-Acute Care: Pressure Ulcer/Injury,
- Drug Regimen Review Conducted with Follow-Up for Identified Issues – PAC SNF QRP,
- Application of IRF Functional Outcome Measure: Change in Self-Care (NQF #2633),
- Application of IRF Functional Outcome Measure: Change in Mobility (NQF #2634),
- Application of IRF Functional Outcome Measure: Discharge Self-Care Score (NQF #2635), and
- Application of IRF Functional Outcome Measure: Discharge Mobility Score (NQF #2636)
SNF performance data for these measures will be included for the first time on this preview report.
The following existing measures will continue to be reported as part of the October 2020 refresh
- Application of Percent of Residents Experiencing One or More Falls with Major Injury (Long Stay),
- Application of Percent of Long-Term Care Hospital (LTCH) Patients with an Admission and Discharge Functional Assessment and a Care Plan That Addresses Function,
- Medicare Spending Per Beneficiary – PAC SNF QRP,
- Discharge to Community – PAC SNF QRP, and
- Potentially Preventable 30-Day Post-Discharge Readmission Measure – SNF QRP
We are implementing the annual refresh of the SNF QRP claims-based measures during the October 2020 refresh of NH Compare. The annual refresh will include updates to the Medicare Spending per Beneficiary (MSPB), Discharge to Community (DTC) measure, and the Potentially Preventable Readmissions (PPR) measure.
For more information please visit:
Want to keep up with the changing COVID-19 situation in skilled nursing?