On behalf of our friends at Texas Health and Human Services (HHS), we’d like to invite Texas providers to join us for September’s PASRR Technical Assistance Call entitled, “PCSP form changes and requirements”.
Beginning August 22, 2019, updates to the Preadmission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR) Comprehensive Service Plan (PCSP) form will be available. In this free webinar, Cathy Belliveau and Valerie Krueger from HHS will cover recent PASRR changes and requirements.
[Free webinar] Texas PASRR: PCSP form changes and requirements
New enhancements you’ll learn about
- New section: “A3110 – Additional MI Specialized Services”
- New role added to Meeting Participation (Habilitation Coordinator)
- New participant title added to 2500C
- And more
About PCSP form changes
Updates to Field A2700
The Field A2700 label has been updated to “Nursing Facility Specialized Services Indication” and will only be required when field A2400. Individual is PASRR positive for: displays “1. IDD only” or “3. IDD and MI”.
Additional Field for MI Specialized Services
New field A3110. Additional MI Specialized Services has been added to the Specialized Services Information section of the PCSP form and includes the following specialized services:
- A. Cognitive Processing Therapy
- B. Counseling Services (CBT – Individual or Group)
- C. Crisis Intervention Services
- D. Peer Support
- E. Pharmacological Management
- F. Screening Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) Screening
- – Brief Intervention Not Provided
- G. Screening Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) Screening
- – Brief Intervention Provided
Values to select from the drop-down list (for example, “2. New”, “3. Ongoing”, “7. Not Needed”) for the additional mental illness (MI) specialized services are the same as existing values for other specialized services fields listed in the Specialized Services Information section.
Changes to “Confirm IDT” Function on the PCSP Form for Non-Bexar County LA Users
Non-Bexar County Local Authority (LA) users will be required to confirm only one section (field A3400A or field A3500A) of the Local Authority Confirmation section on the PCSP form. Once the Non-Bexar County LA user clicks one of the checkboxes for field A3400A or field A3500A, the selected field section becomes enabled and required. The other field remains enabled and optional (it will become required if user clicks the checkbox). Non-Bexar County LA users can enter information into both fields, but the form will not be rejected if only one field is complete
A new value “9. LIDDA – Habilitation Coordinator” has been added to field A2500A. Participant Type in the Participant Information section of the PCSP form.
In some cases, the attendance type in field A2500B. Attendance Type will only enable option “1. Yes – Attended in person” if “9. LIDDA – Habilitation Coordinator” was selected in field A2500A. If the Habilitation Coordinator attended via phone, select a different option in field A2500 and select “2. Habilitation Coordinator” in field A2500C. Title.
Qualified Intellectual Disability Professional (QIDP)
A new value “15. Qualified Intellectual Disability Professional (QIDP)” has been added to field A2500C. Title in the Participants Information section of the PCSP form.
Updated Error Messages
Users will see the following error message when invalid data is entered in fields:
- A1100. Other,
- A1400. Vendor No.,
- A2500D. Other,
- A2500E. Full Name,
- A3200. Nursing Facility Comments,
- A3300. Local Authority Comments,
- A3400C. LA – MI Specialized Services Comments,
- A3400F. LA – MI Participation Confirmation Comments,
- A3500C. LA – IDD Specialized Services Comments, and
- A3500F. LA – IDD Participation Confirmation Comments
Depending on the field containing the invalid data, the error message will reflect where the invalid data was entered. The error message reads (field name) “contains invalid alphanumeric characters. Alphanumeric characters are limited to: 0-9, A-Z, a-z, and the following characters @’/+,_-.” Users will see the following error message when a meeting is being entered on a new PCSP form initiated from PASRR Evaluation (PE) and associated PL1 is no longer valid: “PL1 associated to the PE from which this form was initiated is no longer valid. PCSP form must be initiated from a PE with a valid PASRR Level 1 (PL1). The PASRR process must be started again by submitting a PL1, and associated PE and PCSP if applicable, if the individual is residing at the NF.”
The number of characters allowed in the following fields has been increased to allow up to 1,000 alphanumeric characters:
- A3200. Nursing Facility Comments
- A3300. Local Authority Comments
Selecting options for Specialized Services
Specialized Services fields will be enabled and are required based on the person’s PASRR determination indicated in field A2400. Therefore:
- If field A2400 displays “1. IDD only”, then only NF and IDD specialized services are enabled and required (Sections A2800, A2900, and A3000)
- If field A2400 displays “2. MI only”, then only MI specialized services are enabled and required (Sections A3100 and A3110)
- If field A2400 displays “3. IDD and MI”, then all specialized services are enabled and required (Sections A2800, A2900, A3000, A3100, and A3110)
For more information, call the Long-Term Care Help Desk at 1-800-626-4117, Option 1.