On Thursday, Sep. 26, 2019, SimpleLTC, Texas Medicaid Coalition, and QRM offered a free webinar, “PDPM: It’s here! The transitional IPA (MDS) and beyond…”. In the webinar, PDPM expert Susan Krall PT, RAC-CT covered strategies heading straight into the transitional IPA MDS assessment and our future world of PDPM.
Based on questions asked during the webinar, Susan Krall prepared this follow-up FAQ document.
What’s covered in the FAQ?
The FAQ answers dozens of PDPM questions, including:
- Can we use BIMS score that was completed prior to IPA but within the 7-day lookback?
- For section GG, are we supposed to count episodes after the therapy eval and initial treatments?
- Will a separate RUG-IV be needed for residents admitted from 9/23-9/30?
- Can the transitional IPA be on the day of discharge?
- Is it okay to complete BIMS at time of therapy evaluation?
- What does it mean to have “one Section GG goal” and have it care-planned?
- And many more
Download FAQ now
To download the FAQ and access the PDPM resources, click below and complete the form on the registration page. Once you do, you can download the FAQ immediately.
About our expert
Susan Krall is a Physical Therapist with over 30 years of multi-state Post-Acute rehab management experience. Her client base includes privately owned and nationwide for-profit and not-for-profit skilled nursing facilities, and CCRC campuses across the U.S. Currently, Susan’s primary focus with QRM (Quality Rehab Management, CSO) is on partnering with clients to identify and implement strategies which drive enhanced outcomes and patient satisfaction in today’s value-driven/person-centered reimbursement and regulatory environment. A self-described PDPM ‘enthusiast’, Susan has been fully embedded in PDPM education and training for SNF’s (leadership, staff level, physicians, partners, conferences) this past year and is passionate about seeing a successful transition Oct 1, 2019 for this industry. As a member of AHCA, Leading Age, ACHCA, NASL, and AANAC, Susan is committed to continual learning and collaborative strategic initiatives in an effort to facilitate and support successful navigation through ever-changing and demanding times.