CDC updated the following COVID-19 guidance during the 1st two (2) weeks of June:
- Using Telehealth to Expand Access to Essential Health Services during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- How to Wear Cloth Face Coverings
- Updated Clinical Questions about COVID-19: Questions and Answers
- NHSN LTCF Guide to Using the COVID-19 Module
The OIG (Office of Inspector General) posted this information:
- Audit of NH Reporting of COVID-19 Information Under CMS’ New Requirements
- (OIG) will assess nursing homes’ reporting of CMS-required information related to the COVID-19 public health emergency. Specifically, (OIG) will determine whether the data reported by nursing homes were complete, accurate, and reliable.
- Meeting the Challenges Presented by COVID-19: Nursing Homes
- This nationwide, two-part study on nursing homes will examine how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected nursing homes. The first part will describe the characteristics of the nursing homes that were hardest hit by the pandemic (i.e. homes with high numbers of residents who had COVID-19 or had died). The second part will describe the strategies nursing homes have used to mitigate the effects of COVID-19 on their residents and staff in the face of these unique circumstances.
The FDA published this authorization revising which types of respirators can be decontaminated for reuse:
- FDA Reissues Emergency Use Authorizations Revising Which Types of Respirators Can Be Decontaminated for Reuse
CMS posted these updates:
- COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Blanket Waivers for HCPs … Updated June 5, 2020
- Recommendations for Re-opening Facilities to Provide Non-emergent Non-COVID-19 Healthcare
- Nursing Home COVID-19 Data Release External FAQs
- Toolkit on State Actions to Mitigate COVID-19 Prevalence in Nursing Homes is 109-page updated document posted on June 1st. I’m including this again in case you missed it in my initial blog.
Want to keep up with the changing COVID-19 situation in skilled nursing?