Most SNFs don’t know they’ve been fined — are you one of them?
Last year, CMS enacted sweeping new requirements for COVID-19 reporting by nursing homes, including the threat of hefty fines for failure to comply. In case you were wondering, CMS has followed through on its promise, issuing more than $8 million in COVID-19 reporting fines to date. The month of March 2021 alone saw a 400% uptick in fines.
Perhaps the biggest problem: Most LTC providers are not even aware they have been fined. And many don’t understand the CMS “Impose” process or their rights for payment or appeal.
In this timely webinar, we’ll take an in-depth look at trends in the data and review each type of letter you might receive from CMS. We’ll explain how to remain in compliance with F-tag F884 and avoid CMS fines, and we’ll provide and overview of how the appeals process works, in case your facility gets hit with a fine.
[Live webinar] COVID-19 reporting fines: How to keep CMS out of your wallet
Thursday, May 20 | 2pm CT
What you’ll learn
- NHSN COVID-19 reporting requirements and non-compliance penalties
- The various types of fine letters and what each means
- Which CMS CASPER reports are related to COVID-19 reporting
- How the fine appeals process works
- How to comply with F884 and avoid CMS fines
Who should attend
- LTC Administrators
- Facility team members responsible for compiling/submitting NHSN data
- Infection Preventionists
After the presentation, attendees will be able to
- State at least two key compliance requirements of the F884 F-tag
- Describe where and how often to check for a potential CMS Impose letter
- Discuss the appeal process in response to an Impose letter
- Locate NHSN LTCF reporting resources
About your speakers
Brandon is a seasoned technology expert with two decades of experience in healthcare software design. He is the architect of EasyReporting, designed to simplify and improve daily COVID-19 reporting requirements.
Mary Madison, RN, RAC-CT, CDP
LTC/Senior Care Clinical Consultant, Briggs Healthcare
Mary is a registered nurse with 45+ years of healthcare experience, including 40 years in long-term care. She has conducted thousands of MDS and clinical training sessions over the past two decades.
Chief Technology Officer, SimpleLTC
Jason Jones oversees product and technology strategy for SimpleLTC, a provider of analytics and workflow software for over 4,500 long-term care facilities. As a recognized expert in healthcare data analytics, Jason has presented in numerous national forums.