COVID-19: Optimizing Healthcare Protective Equipment and Supplies
There has been a large increase in the need for healthcare personal protective equipment (PPE) and specialty supplies due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This increase in demand has led to shortages in PPE and changes in how PPE is used and optimized. ASPR TRACIE, in collaboration with the COVID-19 Healthcare Resilience Working Group, is hosting this webinar to highlight PPE preservation strategies, trends, challenges, and lessons learned/promising practices.
Presenters from the public and private sectors will discuss strategies to optimize the healthcare supply of respirators and PPE, such as implementing crisis capacity strategies, respirator and mask testing programs, disinfection and decontamination procedures, and acquisition and distribution policies.
The webinar will take place from 2:30-4:00 PM (ET) on Thursday, September 24, 2020. Register here.
Moderator: John Hick, MD, Hennepin Healthcare
Introductions: Twee Sim, MD, Lead, COVID-19 Healthcare Resilience Working Group; Senior Medical Advisor and Acting Chief of the Office of Advanced Clinical Quality Management & Policy Analysis, Defense Health Agency, Department of Defense Speakers (listed by order of presenters):
• Maryann D’Alessandro, PhD, Director, National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
• Aftin Ross, PhD, Senior Project Manager and Senior Science Health Advisor, Center for Devices and Radiological Health, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
• Nicole Vars McCullough, PhD, CIH, Global Application Engineering and Regulatory Manager, Personal Safety Division, 3M
• John Lowe, PhD, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Interprofessional Health Security Training and Education, Director of Research for Nebraska Biocontainment Unit, University of Nebraska Medical Center
• Philip Madvig, MD, Interim Chief Medical Officer, Kaiser Permanente
This webinar will also be recorded and archived on the ASPR TRACIE website. Each registrant will receive a unique link needed to access the webinar. Please note: The link can only be used on one computer; registrants should not forward their registration confirmation emails to others.
Audio: You can use your computer microphone and speakers (VoIP) or telephone. A phone number and PIN will be provided after logging into the webinar.
TRACIE is brought to you by ASPR.
For more information go to ASPRtracie.hhs.gov.
Want to keep up with the changing COVID-19 situation in skilled nursing?