CMS has posted a 6-page FAQ document that answers 21 questions regarding provision of COVID-19 testing platforms and tests to nursing homes. Also posted was information about CMS methodology for prioritizing facilities and a listing of the facilities. The methodology and listing is in the form of an Excel spreadsheet. When you click on that link, you’ll see:
That spreadsheet opens with these 3 tabs:
The Allocation tab provides the names, addresses and Federal Provider Numbers of the facilities receiving the initial shipment of testing platforms and tests.
The Hot Spots identifies the state and country receiving the shipments:
On July 21, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) released a framework for more detailed Provider Relief Fund (PRF) reporting guidance and materials to be released on August 17, 2020. In the short, two-page document, HHS reiterates the reporting requirements included in the Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) providers had to attest to as part of the funding award process. The direct link to this document is found here. HHS will be releasing detailed reporting instructions by August 17, 2020. These reporting instructions will provide directions on reporting obligations applicable to any provider that received a payment from the following CARES Act/PRF distributions:
- Initial Medicare Distribution
- Additional Medicare Distribution
- Medicaid, Dental & CHIP Distribution
- High Impact Area Distribution
- Rural Distribution
- Skilled Nursing Facilities Distribution
- Indian Health Service Distribution
- Safety Net Hospital Distribution
The reporting system will become available to recipients for reporting on October 1, 2020.
- All recipients must report within 45 days of the end of calendar year 2020 on their expenditures through the period ending December 31, 2020.
- Recipients who have expended funds in full prior to December 31, 2020 may submit a single final report at any time during the window that begins October 1, 2020, but no later than February 15, 2021.
- Recipients with funds unexpended after December 31, 2020, must submit a second and final report no later than July 31, 2021.
- Detailed PRF reporting instructions and a data collection template with the necessary data elements will be available through the HRSA website by August 17, 2020.
Lastly, a 55-page document CARES Act Provider Relief Fund FAQ is available that will help answer questions regarding the PRF.
Want to keep up with the changing COVID-19 situation in skilled nursing?