Your PBJ data is about to change your Five-Star rating. Is your organization ready?
In a recent letter, CMS confirmed that, beginning in April 2018, it will use PBJ (Payroll-Based Journal) data to calculate staffing measures of the nursing home quality rating system. This means that staffing measures displayed on the Nursing Home Compare website, as well as staffing ratings used in the Five-Star rating system, will be based on the PBJ data you submit, rather than on self-reported data collected at the time of survey.
This webinar event was one of our most popular ever, with over 2,000 people registered. If you missed it, we’re now providing it in an on-demand format so you can learn how the new PBJ requirements will affect your quality ratings. The webinar also covers why your MDS assessments are more important than ever, as well as common PBJ issues raised in PBJ audits, and more. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from industry experts about the next phase of PBJ requirements.
[On-demand webinar] Will PBJ erase your star rating? What you need to know about the new CMS PBJ requirements
Don Feige, CEO, ezPBJ
Carl Moellenkamp, Consulting Director of Health Care, CliftonLarsonAllen
What you’ll learn
- How your new Staffing Five-Star rating was calculated using PBJ data
- What actions will trigger a One-Star rating for Staffing
- Key areas of focus for PBJ auditors
- Why your MDS assessments now matter for your Staffing Five-Star rating
About our speakers
- Don Feige is CEO of ezPBJ. As a software entrepreneur specializing in workforce solutions that solve healthcare staffing, scheduling and reporting challenges, Don has helped hundreds of skilled nursing facilities to understand PBJ policy, design PBJ data capture processes, and convert timekeeping/payroll data into PBJ format.
- Carl Moellenkamp, CPA, is Consulting Director of Health Care at CliftonLarsonAllen LLP. Carl serves senior living and healthcare clients based on his 30 years of experience as a CFO, controller, auditor, and consultant. His expertise includes leadership strategy, financial and operational analytics and reporting, project management and software implementation.