Beginning Nov. 28, Phase 3 of CMS Requirements of Participation (RoPs) will require SNFs to identify individuals with traumatic life events, both recent and in the past. Once identified, providers will be responsible for implementing a trauma-informed approach to resident care.
This brings up some complicated questions:
- When does distress reach the threshold of trauma?
- What’s the relevance of early childhood trauma?
- Do difficult life experiences mean the resident has been traumatized?
- If the resident has an acute or chronic trauma reaction, how should we respond?
- What role does the resident’s resilience play in their trauma response?
- How can we help our residents deal with these difficulties?
In this enlightening webinar, you’ll gain a new understanding of how trauma reactions develop and persist, as well as how to distinguish trauma responses from other mental health issues. We will also highlight ways of developing care for residents who have experienced trauma. Since trauma reactions have multiple causal factors, so do helpful clinical responses.
[On-demand webinar] Trauma-informed care: Identifying and treating residents who have experienced trauma
Dr. Robert Figlerski, Director of Behavioral Health Services, Mid-Atlantic Region, TeamHealth
What you’ll learn
- Factors leading to trauma and how they contribute to trauma reactions
- Trauma symptoms and how to differentiate them from common disorders
- Helping residents cope with trauma and adjust to their circumstances (including re-traumatization)
- Behavioral health regulations related to trauma care
- How to implement a basic trauma-informed care strategy at your facility
About our speaker
Dr. Robert Figlerski is the Director of Behavioral Health Services for the Mid-Atlantic region of TeamHealth, one of the nation’s largest providers of acute/post-acute care. He focuses on clinical, educational and research efforts in the area of Health Psychology and Rehabilitation, helping individuals adapt to challenges during the rehabilitation process and achieve the best quality of life. Dr. Figlerski conducts frequent training programs and seminars in the skilled nursing community.
This webinar is sponsored by SimpleLTC and TeamHealth. Feel free to share this training opportunity with your colleagues.
I was interested in getting a copy of the handouts used in today session but could not find them. Can you please provide them to me.
Hi Lisa, you can access the handouts here.
We had about 6 staff members attend this webinar but am unable to retrieve the handouts. They would like copies of the information presented. It was a very helpful webinar.
Hi Lorraine, you can access the handouts here.
I was unable to find the handouts for the free webinar today for Phase 3 Implementation Understanding and Establishing Trauma Informed Care at Your Facility. Can you please send to me? I did attend the webinear today,
Hi Linda, you can access the handouts here. Thanks!
I can’t find the slides of today’s webinar to print off. Can you please direct me? TY
Hi Judi, you can access the handouts here.
Will the slides from this presentation be emailed? If so, please email to me so that I can share with my team, thank you
Hi Kerrie, you can access the handouts here.
I understand this resource would be available after the actual Webinar. how would we access that?
Hi Leslie, you can access the handouts here. We’ll post an FAQ document also in a little bit. Thanks!
I was looking for the handouts for this Webinar ?
Hi Cyndi – you can access the handouts here. Thanks!