Beginning Nov. 28, Phase 3 of CMS Requirements of Participation (RoPs) will require SNFs to identify individuals with traumatic life events, both recent and in the past. Once identified, providers will be responsible for implementing a trauma-informed approach to resident care.
In this enlightening webinar, you’ll gain a new understanding of how trauma reactions develop and persist, as well as how to distinguish trauma responses from other mental health issues. We will also highlight ways of developing care for residents who have experienced trauma. Since trauma reactions have multiple causal factors, so do helpful clinical responses.
What you’ll learn
- Factors leading to trauma and how they contribute to trauma reactions
- Trauma symptoms and how to differentiate them from common disorders
- Helping residents cope with trauma and adjust to their circumstances (including re-traumatization)
- Behavioral health regulations related to trauma care
- How to implement a basic trauma-informed care strategy at your facility
About our speaker
Dr. Robert Figlerski is the Director of Behavioral Health Services for the Mid-Atlantic region of TeamHealth, one of the nation’s largest providers of acute/post-acute care. He focuses on clinical, educational and research efforts in the area of Health Psychology and Rehabilitation, helping individuals adapt to challenges during the rehabilitation process and achieve the best quality of life. Dr. Figlerski conducts frequent training programs and seminars in the skilled nursing community.
This webinar is sponsored by SimpleLTC and TeamHealth.