Attention Texas SNFs:
Texas Medicaid & Healthcare Partnership (TMHP) has announced that effective Aug. 26, 2019, the Preadmission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR) technical assistance hotline (1-855-435-7180) will be inactivated.
Providers calling the hotline on or after Aug. 26 will receive a recorded message requesting an email with their question be sent to PASRR.Support@hhsc.state.tx.us. Using email will allow Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) to maintain a record of the inquiry and the response.
Providers should continue directing their questions to the following contacts for assistance.
Types of calls to refer to TMHP
Call TMHP at 1-800-626-4117, Option 1, about the following topics:
- Nursing facility (NF) forms completion – including PASRR Level 1 Screening Form and Nursing facility Specialized Services (NFSS) form.
- Rejection codes on the forms and PASRR Transaction Identifiers (PTIDs).
- Management of the Provider Action Required status.
- If the Medicaid, Social Security, or Medicare number and the name match the person’s Medicaid ID card and the form is set to status ID Invalid, call TMHP to see what options are available regarding form resubmittal.
- PASRR Level 1 Screening Form submission error messages and the NFSS Form and PTID error messages.
- PASRR Level 1 Screening Form and PASRR Evaluation status questions.
Call TMHP at 1-800-626-4117, Option 2, about the following topic:
- Medical necessity (MN) determination on PASRR Evaluation (PE).
Call TMHP at 1-800-626-4117, Option 3, about the following topic:
- TMHP LTC Online Portal and TexMedConnect account setup.
Types of questions to refer to HHSC PASRR Unit
Email PASRR.Support@hhsc.state.tx.us about the following topics:
- Assistance or cooperation from a referring entity (RE), NF, Local Intellectual or Developmental Disability Authorities (LIDDA), or Local Mental Health Authority/Local Behavioral Health Authority (LMHA/LBHA).
- Assistance with locating information to perform and submit the PASRR Level 1 (PL1), PE, PASRR Comprehensive Service Plan (PCSP), and NFSS forms.
- Assistance locating forms, LIDDAs, LMHA/LBHAs or additional training resources.
- Policy guidance on PASRR processes, specialized services, and therapist assessments.
- Questions specifically related to mental illness/intellectual disability/developmental disability (MI/ID/DD) or related conditions.
Complex or resident-specific questions may require a return phone call. If so, the PASRR staff person will ask for your phone number and the best time to reach you. A PASRR staff person will be assigned to contact you by phone.
If you have questions, please call the Long-Term Care Help Desk at 1-800-626-4117, Option 1.