On Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2019, SimpleLTC and Broad River Rehab offered a free webinar, “Oct. 1 changes: RAI Manual revisions and the Final Rule update”. In this free webinar, Joel VanEaton, BSN, RN, RAC-CT MT, with Broad River Rehab takes you inside the PDPM RAI manual revisions as well as detail the Final Rule updates.
Based on questions asked during the webinar, SimpleLTC and Broad River Rehab have prepared this follow-up FAQ document.
What’s covered in the FAQ?
The FAQ answers dozens of PDPM questions, including:
- In terms of the Program integrity piece, what do you think CMS will be monitoring for?
- What if a resident goes to another SNF the 2nd day and then return to the original SNF on day 3. would this still be considered an interrupted stay?
- Who is qualified to complete the cognitive interview or BIMs?
- Does the IPA pay start on the day of the ARD?
- Is there a way to receive the data from the quality reporting program?
- And many more
Download FAQ now
To download the FAQ and access the PDPM resources, click below and complete the form on the registration page. Once you do, you can download the FAQ immediately.
About our expert
Joel VanEaton, BSN, RN, RAC-CT MT, is the VP of Compliance and Regulatory Affairs at Broad River Rehab. A veteran of long-term care, Joel began his career as an MDS coordinator and worked for many years as the Director of Clinical Reimbursement and RAI for a group of nursing facilities in Tennessee and Kentucky. He is passionate about helping organizations navigate the complex reimbursement and regulatory landscape in LTC so they will be better equipped to provide increasing quality of care to their residents. Joel has contributed to McKnight’s LTC News, AANAC LTC Leader, PPS Alert Magazine and is a regular contributor to the Nursing & Assisted Living Facility Professional. He is also a regular presenter for the Georgia Healthcare Association and is one of only 34 AANAC certified Master Teachers.