Your complete Payroll-Based Journal (PBJ) solution with everything you need to analyze, assemble, validate and submit your PBJ report.
SimplePBJ™ Pro: The simple way to master PBJ reporting
SimplePBJ™ Pro is the complete solution to Payroll-Based Journal (PBJ) compliance, with everything you need to assemble, validate and submit your CMS-required PBJ report.
Import and convert all your source staffing files for PBJ reporting and save your mapping for reuse next quarter. Easily add or update data missing from your files and create an audit trail of all changes.
Verify PBJ accuracy before submitting to CMS. Use our proprietary Error Checker to evaluate your PBJ data to flag issues that might cause CMS to reject your file.
See what CMS sees before you submit your PBJ report. Predict your Staffing Five-Star ratings 3-5 months early. Run “what if” scenarios to test staffing level changes. Benchmark your PBJ results against other facilities.
Create your PBJ XML file and submit to CMS with a single click. Get notifications of successful submission and maintain your PBJ historical archive for easy auditing.
SimplePBJ™ Pro includes unlimited users and free ongoing updates to stay compliant. There’s no long-term contract required and no software to install. Best of all, it’s affordable for any facility.
With SimplePBJ™ Pro you can:
- Assemble PBJ data from multiple sources
- Convert staffing data as needed
- Check data compliance to CMS rules
- Audit PBJ XML files before submission
- Predict your Staffing Five-Star ratings
- Run “what if” scenarios and benchmark your results
- Create and submit your PBJ directly to CMS
- Review CASPER reports
- Get email status reports
Tools to assemble PBJ reports
Import and convert any and all source staffing files for Payroll-Based Journal reporting. Our conversion wizard saves your mapping for reuse next quarter. Easily add or update data not in your files and create an audit trail of changes with our Audit Notes.
Import all PBJ files
- Payroll and timekeeping files
- Rehab and vendor files
- XML, CSV, Excel files
- Import Wizard walks you through the process
Create reusable templates
- Map job titles and pay types to CMS codes
- Split shifts at midnight for reporting
- Exclude non-direct care paid hours
- Save unique templates to reuse every quarter
Manually add any staff
- Contract and vendor staff
- Exempt staff not in time clocks
- Staff that spend partial time at SNF
- Corporate staff
Manually add or modify hours worked
- Add salaried and contract hours
- Split hours based on multiple job titles
- Exclude individual non-reportable hours
Tools to validate PBJ reports
Ensure your PBJ report is accurate and complete before submitting to CMS. Evaluate all your PBJ data and run it through our proprietary Error Checker to quickly identify any potential issues that could cause your file to be rejected by CMS.
Audit visual dashboard
- Analyze staffing by job title, pay type and dates
- Drill down and stratify by specific categories
- Compare key metrics across all your facilities
Run CMS error checks
- Identify potential CMS submission errors
- Isolate detailed specifics for correction
- View helpful correction tips
- Re-run error checks until file has zero errors
Tools to predict Five-Star staffing results
Forecast your five-star staffing rating for the quarter. Determine how many more hours are required to reach the next star level. Get predictive insights into how your PBJ results compare to other facilities across the industry.
Predict your Staffing Five-Star rating
- See what CMS sees before you submit your PBJ report
- Predict your Staffing Five-Star ratings
- Uncover staffing strengths and weaknesses
See how to change your Five-Star staffing rating
- Benchmark your PBJ Five-Star metrics
- Run “what if” data scenarios
- Monitor staffing trends and ratios
- Build competitive analyses
Tools to submit PBJ reports
Create your downloadable zipped PBJ XML file, ready for submission, then submit directly to CMS with a single click. Get notifications of successful submission and maintain your PBJ historical archive for easy auditing.
Create PBJ XML report
- Aggregate all data in one file for single CMS submission
- Select date range and process type
- Files cataloged by name and creation date
- One-click file downloads
Submit PBJ report directly to CMS
- Monitor progress of connection with CMS
- Find out when your PBJ report is accepted
- Get email notifications
- Download and view Final Validation report