SimpleLTC Systems, LLC
We are seeking a passionate, hands-on Data Engineer with a desire to build remarkable healthcare applications on an Agile scrum team. This position is ideal for someone who is interested in a data engineering career path with a proven software development background.
The successful candidate is a proven self-starter and team player with strong technical knowledge and the ability to prioritize tasks and features based on timeline and resources. The right person will have an opportunity to make a meaningful impact in the healthcare industry and within our B2B market. This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
Come help us build our next-gen platform.
The intersection of modern healthcare and software technology has created unprecedented personal and professional growth opportunities in our industry. At SimpleLTC, our goal is to advance critical software as a service (SaaS) tools in order to simplify data transmission, workflow automation and clinical analytics for thousands of healthcare providers across the nation. We are always looking for new ways to help our customers tackle the many complex problems and processes that exist in the healthcare industry.
- Create end-to-end analytics and reporting solutions.
- Develop ETL processes using SQL, Elasticsearch, or any other tools/framework with consideration to fault-tolerance, error logging, auditing and data quality.
- Active participation in product development, testing and troubleshooting with product stakeholders
- Active participation and interaction with the development team to design and implement software systems
- Provide constant communications about deliverables and commitments within an Agile process
- Develop robust, readable software and walk fellow team members through code reviews when necessary
- Provide assistance to junior development team members when needed and lead by example
- Create products that exemplify our company motto: "Keep it simple. Be remarkable."
Work Experience and Education Requirements
- Minimum 3-5 years demonstrable experience with designing and implementing ETL processes in a hybrid cloud environment
- Experience with both relational and non-relational (nosql) database systems
- Proven ability to build products using Agile development/management processes
- Understanding of scalable architectures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A hunger for personal growth and continuing education
- Mad table tennis skills (preferred but not required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Machine learning or data science system development
- Bonus Points:
- Experience building ReactJS components with Redux in ES6/7+
In addition to the above list, we seek individuals who possess ambition and a drive to try new things, a desire to work closely with a passionate team, a commitment to improve and expand existing systems, and the creativity to provide new solutions for future opportunities. We want to meet individuals who value teamwork and elegant design over rigidly dogmatic and complicated systems.
The qualified candidate will receive:
- The satisfaction of building something remarkable and impactful in the healthcare industry, making a tangible difference in the lives of doctors, nurses and their patients
- A chance to grow technical and leadership skills
- A casual work environment with a great view
- A team of smart and supportive peers
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Employee health and dental insurance paid by employer
- Resources for continued education paid for by employer
- Only qualified applicants need apply.
- No third parties, agencies or representatives.
- No Visa sponsorship or relocation available.
In business more than 16 years, SimpleLTC enjoys a well-known brand and strong reputation within the long-term care industry. Our customer base consists of more than 4,000 healthcare providers throughout the nation who rely on our software to manage key parts of their daily workflow in clinical, financial and IT areas. With the recent national push to improve quality of care in the post-acute world, the tools and data analytics that we provide are helping our customers stand out among their peers and competitors.
We create software as a service (SaaS) products that are both remarkable and simple to use, combined with excellent customer support. While our business is well established, we proudly maintain an agile and fun work environment with a startup feel, where creativity and hard work are encouraged and rewarded. (Ping pong skills are considered a plus, but not required.)
SimpleLTC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Briggs Healthcare. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.simpleltc.com/