The California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet) offers long-term care to California veterans. The eight current homes are a system of live-in, residential care facilities offering a comprehensive plan of medical, dental, pharmacy, rehabilitation services and social activities within a homelike, small community environment. CalVet homes range from 60-1,000+ residents.
CalVet faced significant PBJ reporting challenges. They use handwritten time-keeping forms to track staff hours and compile the data into an Access database for reporting and analysis. They began their rollout of SimplePBJ™ with the 215-bed Chula Vista facility. With 215 staff, contractors sometimes working shifts over midnight and admin staff providing direct care, CalVet faced a daunting reporting task.
CalVet has been thrilled with their results and will be expanding the use of SimplePBJ™ throughout their network. Some of the outcomes they enjoyed include:
- Easy submission: Successful uploads of multiple reports to CMS
- Painless process: Limited managerial staff can focus on patient care quality
- Initial quality check: The review and quality checks ensure they send the right data the first time
- Low cost of submission: “It’s worth taking away the headache,” notes Lael Hepworth, Chula Vista Administrator.
SimplePBJ™ helped CalVet Veterans Homes comply with CMS’ PBJ requirements well in advance of the submission deadline and gave them confidence that their PBJ reports were accurate with each submission.
Let us show you how we can ease your reporting burden easily, effectively and affordably.
- Skilled Nursing
- Paper timekeeping records
- Work shifts over midnight
- Administrative staff give direct care
- Limited management staff
- The State of California Veterans Homes have deployed SimplePBJ™ to all their skilled nursing facilities.
- Converted paper data to PBJ rules
- Successfully submitted to CMS within days of launching SimplePBJ™
- Minimized reporting effort for limited staff